Good to know

Information on hiring foreign students

What you should know

After completing a degree in Germany, a graduate can apply for a job search visa for up to 18 months if he / she can prove that he / she is able to secure a living. This time can also be used for internships or job.

With a concrete job offer for an activity appropriate to the academic qualification, international graduates can apply for a residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card, depending on their salary; Approx. 2 years later, a resignation permit can be applied for.

If you are interested in hiring an international specialist, but additional knowledge (e.g. language skills) is required, the relevant services may be funded by the Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit).

Foreign students are also allowed to work during their studies, for 120 full days or 240 half days. You can get to know them before they graduate and hire them as working students.

International students from the member states of the European Union are not restricted in their length of employment, and a visa is not required.

Further information on hiring international employees:

Make it in Germany - The federal government's portal for skilled workers from abroad

Competence Center Securing Skilled Workers (> Recommended Action for International Students)

Federal Employment Agency (> Employment of foreign workers in Germany)

Federation of German Employers (> Welcome Culture - A Guide for Companies)