How your medical appointment will work:
After your surch for a doctor was successful, check their office hours on their homepage. To avoid waiting for the medical treatment you should call before your visit and make an appointment. If you want to go to a specialist, you may have to wait several weeks. You must first visit a general practitioner, as a referral is required to see the specialist.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- At the reception you will need to present your health insurance card.
- If you are visiting a specialist you will also need the referral from the general practitioner.
- First of all, as a new patient, you will have to fill out a personal medical questionnaire every time. This questionnaire is mostly in German only, if you have any difficulties in understanding it, please ask the staff at the front desk.
- While filling the form you will typically be sent to a waiting room to wait until called.
- Patients with public health insurance do not normally have to pay for standard treatments and can simply leave once they are finished with the consultation and/or have received any necessary prescriptions or referrals.